Perched on the hillside, with a magnificent view over the vineyards stretching down to the Marne River in the valley below, you’ll find the pretty village of Boursault.
This is where I grew up and where I learned about everything that goes on in the vineyards. I always knew that this would be where I would live and work.
It was thanks to my parents and grandparents that, little by little, I learned about wine making: I learned that it requires hard work, patience and rigour and above all I came to understand that everything starts with the vines.
It’s been 20 years now that Cyrille, my husband, and I have been tending our vines and sharing our love, not just of the land, but of its history and traditions as well as the satisfaction we get from a job well done.
These shared values lead us to create La Villesenière, a range of exceptional champagnes each with its own distinct character.
There are 3 champagnes in the collection at the moment and each one is made to very specific criteria….
• All the grapes must come from our vineyards in Boursault so that each champagne can reflect the terroir it comes from
• Each of the champagnes is aged in oak barrels
• The grapes come only from our very best plots
• The blend of wines varies each year as we select only those of highest quality
• Only the best quality juice from the press is used
• Each champagne comes from a single harvest (although they are not presented as vintage champagnes).
• Production is very limited and each champagne is presented in a special bottle.
In the vineyards we apply the same rigorous attention to detail adapting our work to the changing weather and always with the objective of being as environmentally-friendly as possible: grass is allowed to grow in 90% of our vineyards and we never use insecticides.
We take the greatest pleasure in creating La Villesenière champagnes and our hope is that they will bring you equal pleasure as you discover their originality and their intriguing variety of captivating aromas.
Laurence Chevenotot Michez